Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I got a scholarship!

A couple weeks ago I found out the bad news that the government thinks Bill and I are made of money, so we don't qualify for pell grants. This week I got much better news. I found out Monday that I got a scholarship from my program! $2000 for both Fall and Winter semesters. It doesn't pay for the whole $5000 price tag of one semester of grad school, but it does take off the edge. I'm quite pleased.

5 comments:

Naazju said...

Congratulations. That'll help a lot and relieve some of the stress. And you have a whole summer to work on getting enough to cover the rest of the cost!

Anonymous said...

Man! I hope that I get a good scholarship from my program. I have applied for it, and the program splits their money equally among all students who apply, but they haven't let me know how much it will be yet. Congrats!

Kirst said...

Wahoo for you! With how hard you work you deserve a little stress relief so you can take some time to relax....speaking of which are you still planning a visit at the end of May? I dying to see you two again.

Jolena said...

We're totally coming! And it's your birthday around that time so we can pary!!! :)

Andrea - said...

YEAH!!!!