Sunday, February 21, 2010

Suprise Visit

Someone knocked on our front door at about 10:30 PM Thursday night. I opened the door and Bill's sister Miriam is standing there with a friend of hers. They live in Las Vegas, so it was quite the surprise. Turns out Bill's mom decided to make a surprise trip up to Utah for the weekend and brought Miriam and a couple friends with her. So fun!

I don't have class on Fridays, so all Friday afternoon I hung out with them and went shopping. It was awesome. I'm not a huge shopper, but I really had a great time. Suzanne was so sweet to buy me and Bill the pieces of an art project we are going to work on this week. I'll post pictures about that when we're done.

Friday night I had an MPA talent show that I went to and then Bill and I headed up the Aspen Grove Timanogos trail to go camping with some friends up in the snow. For once I had enough clothes and warm enough sleeping arrangements that I actually slept really well camping. That doesn't happen very often, which is a bummer, because I really like camping.

So we headed back down out the canyon in time to meet up with the family again to head up to Salt Lake. We went to the Gateway and did some more shopping. Bill and I picked up the game Blokus. Very fun. You should try it. What is also amazing is eating at Biaggi's for lunch. That place is amazing! I had something that involved sun dried tomato cream sauce, chicken, mushrooms, glazed onions, and pasta. Can I say amazing! I can't wait to eat the leftovers today.

I would post pictures of our camping trip, but the camera is in the car, so that will have to wait for another post. But it has been a great weekend. Homework suffered, but for once, I'm just going to forget about that. :)

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

my HW suffered this weekend too. Every once in a while, I think it's good for me to take the weekend off. That food does sound amazing!

Suzanne said...

Im glad you had fun--I sure did!! It was especially fun to hang out Saturday night...I have such fantastic children!!! I'm so blessed to have them and also their wonderful spouses--great job kids!