Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Standing

Spencer wasn't going to sleep as fast as he normally does when I put him down for his nap today, and eventually he started screaming more than normal, so I walked in to see what was the matter.  He was standing up in his crib.  Oh boy!  This is going to be exciting.  I tried to put him back down and watched him through the crack in the door.  He pulled himself right up his little mirror attached to the side of his crib and then cried piteously for me.  When I didn't come in he tried to grab for the end of the crib without moving his feet and wound up falling face first into the slats on the end of the crib.  So bring on the standing.  Hopefully he learns to move his feet a little before he gets too many head injuries.  The child is fearless.

1 comment:

Merry said...

Ouch! Poor guy. Learning new things is rough.