Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Hello world!

Hi everyone.  I disappeared for a month.  But not really.  I'm still here.  It's just that Spencer chewed on my computer power cord and it stopped working and I ordered a new cord and it took two weeks to arrive.  What the heck?!  Nothing takes that long to ship these days.  Then when it got here it was cut in a couple places.  So it's going back and I will have to wait another while for a new one to arrive.  But for now I can upload pictures and blog and feel happy using my mac instead of my husband's PC, and life is good. :) 

So what has been happening lately? Lots of stuff!  We went camping for the first time.  How has it taken us this long to get out camping with Spencer?  Oh well.  Water under the bridge. It was so fun.  We just went to a state park campground outside of Midway, but we went with Bill's dad and cooked cobbler in our dutch oven, consumed some of those huge campfire marshmallows, cooked outside and therefore the food tasted amazing, slept in a tent, and generally had a great time.



Oh, and I cut my hair.  Bad picture but good haircut.  I like it.  Spencer can't pull it as often.  It's super easy to style.  Good times.  I'll probably grow it out again now. :)  Speaking of Spencer, he has been learning lots of stuff.

How to stand up
 How to do pullups
 How to climb stairs
 How to stuff his face full of food
 How to pull off all the toilet paper on the roll
You know. Important stuff.

Oh, and I got a job.  The MPA department at BYU called me and asked if I would come back and be a teaching assistant for one of the professors for his statistics class in the Executive MPA program.  I was flattered.  I said yes.  Now I'm one step closer to my dream of teaching college.  It's fun. 

So yeah, that's mostly it for the moment.  Life is good.  We're good.  Bill just discovered he has two instead of three semesters left.  Joy!  Things are going well.

3 comments:

Merry said...

Haha! I love that your next post talks about the teeth, and this post shows the result: a chewed power cordd. Congratulations on your new job!

Megan said...

That toilet picture will be perfect to show dates later in life! hehe

Rachael said...

Oh good! I've been wondering where you were lately.