In the last week Spencer has suddenly decided talking is a good thing. It's fantastic. He says a bunch of words now and is so interested when we tell him the name of things. I want to try to video him going through his list of words, especially how he says banana. It's hilarious. I don't know if it will work though because the minute I get the camera out, all he wants to do is play with it. Efforts shall me made though. :)
So my dad has asked Spencer every time he sees him for probably the last year if he has said grandpa yet that day. It's so funny and we all laugh about it. I had to give him a special call a week or so ago to let him know that Spencer had indeed said Grandpa that day. It sounds more like "Pampa" but he knows exactly what he's saying.
Spencer will also say such things as duck, banana, smoothie, shoes, milk, mama, dada, Tasha, baby, grandma, and probably more, but that's all I can think of at the moment. He knows what outside is and is very insistent we head that direction whenever we mention it.
He's also really gotten into helping get himself dressed and undressed. He'll help pull his shirts off and step in and out of his pants. He's very particular about his shoes. He wants to be wearing some most all the time now and he has definite opinions about which ones he wants to wear at any given time. We give him a bath every night and then lotion him up before we get him in his pajamas. Sometimes when he's still buck naked he'll run to get some shoes and be so insistent that they need to go on RIGHT NOW. It's hilarious. Generally I'll put them on. Who doesn't like a naked kid running around in shoes?
Back on the subject of words, my sister Natasha had her baby last week. Shae is the cutest little thing, and I really mean little. She started out 6 lbs 9 oz and lost a bunch of weight at first like most babies do, so she's just tiny. Spencer was never that small. But anyway, the instant she was born it seemed Spencer knew for sure that she was baby. He has called her that ever since and suddenly it's like he knows what a baby is. He'll refer to other babies as baby as well. I have no idea why that just suddenly clicked, but it's pretty much the cutest thing when he climbs up to see her and keeps calling her baby.
2 comments:
Sounds like he's developing right along! Does he know there's a baby coming to your family soon?
Good question Merry. :) I haven't decided if he gets that or not. My sister just had a baby and he's all happy about having her around, but I don't think he has a clue what's going on with me. :)
Post a Comment