Monday, July 30, 2012

Have we turned a corner?

I may be getting excited way too soon, but it appears we had a major food breakthrough last night.  Spencer ate some of the pieces of chicken cacciotore I made AND some pasta.  He also consumed an entire banana before going to bed last night. This may not sound like a big deal to most people, but this is from the kid that hit one year-old and stopped eating all but like four things.  He hasn't eaten more than two bites of banana since then.  And even before he turned one he would slurp the sauce off of pasta and then spit it back out.  After he turned one he just stopped eating it altogether.

Everything is a phase, right?  That was my parenting mantra pretty much the entire first year of his life. This particular lack of eating phase just happens to have lasted for six months!  That is one long phase for a little kid.  So here's hoping.  Maybe he'll realize just how great food is and that he's totally been missing out. :)

2 comments:

Megan said...

yay food! i'm surprised there was nothing at all he wanted to eat, but that's pretty normal for his age.

Valerie said...

Brooklyn is exactly the same way, to the point that it worries me! I have to force feed her most of the time, she just doesn't want to eat! I hope it is just a phase :)