I just purchased plane tickets for me and the kids to fly out to South Carolina in January. This is the first actual money we've spent towards this move. The rest is just scheduled at the moment. It still feels a little surreal. Bill finishes his bachelor's degree in three weeks. We were talking last night about it and it feels like we've been going full speed with no end in sight for years and then suddenly it's over. There was no slow ride to the end or any build up. Just suddenly he's in his last semester and it flew by at the speed of light and we're just about done.
I was reminiscing last night about when I was 10 and my family moved from California to Colorado Springs. I was so stinkin' excited about the move until the very last night when it hit me that I was leaving my best friend. I called her and totally bawled on the phone about it. That was the moment it hit me everything I was leaving behind. I feel like with this move I'm getting to that point now. I've lived in Utah for the majority of the last 11 years. I didn't plan to stay here that long, but I have and it has become home.
Both my family and my in-laws live here now, so this is where we will come back to when we visit family. It hasn't felt like the place we would end up as a family for a while now, but it's still home at the moment and I'm truly going to miss so many dear friends and family members around here. If the air quality wasn't so bad here, this would be my ideal location to live forever. The outdoor activities available here so close to us are beyond amazing. Being near family has been wonderful. So as excited as I am for this new adventure of ours, I'm starting to feel all the things I will miss too and that's sad. It's a good thing though because it will help us to make the most of our last month and hopefully do as many things as we can to enjoy it to the fullest.
1 comment:
It's always bittersweet to move. Just think, there is a whole world of things to fall in love with on the East Coast, too. Enjoy your last few weeks in Utah.
Post a Comment