Sunday, May 26, 2013

Bikes, food, flea markets, and cute kids

I realize I'm late to the party, but we went to our first flea market this morning. It was awesome. We did some research on ones nearby and they each seem to be open a different morning of the week, generally not Saturday. I guess people have better things to do with their Saturday or something like that. Like fishing on the lake. Or doing water sports. Or swimming. Or anything else you can think of with water, as there are three lakes mere miles from our house. Oh, and maybe hiking. Or apparently eating at Waffle House, because despite the roads being completely deserted this morning at 8:30AM, both Waffle Houses we went to were full. We got the last table at the second one and had a fantastic breakfast. Check that off the bucket list. Now on to trying the plethora of one off mom and pop restaurants. I foresee lots of happy taste bud experiences.

But back to the flea market. This place was huge. There had to be hundreds of tables. Only a few were in use, but you could have a seriously huge market there. We found some great kids books for a whopping 27 cents each. That's what I'm talking about! I think I could enjoy doing this for a hobby. We need a new bookshelf though. Ours is now stuffed full. It was nearly there, but it's now reached capacity. I have no problem with this turn of events. :) So yes, more flea markets in our future, and hopefully some farmer's markets mixed in.

Did I mention that we got Spencer his very own bike this last week? He hasn't quite figured out its awesomeness yet, but I have no doubt he will soon enough. He did have a pretty great first reaction to it.

Genevieve is quite pleased with it herself. She regularly crawls over to check it out and make sure it's still there.
Bill got a bike too, but it's still in transit. Once it gets here and is assembled, if it fits me as well I'll be getting the same one and then we'll be off to amazing family bike rides. I can't wait!

And for your viewing pleasure, here's Genevieve playing with Genevieve after her bath last night.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Oh I LOVE flea markets!! There aren't many out in Utah. Just another benefit of living back east :) It can get addicting. I love how excited Spencer is for his bike. You guys will have so much fun riding together everywhere! Just be careful on all those windy roads.