Monday, September 16, 2013

Happenings this week

I finished painting my desk. I love it more than I should. The finish is silky smooth and I'm so pleased how well it turned out.

This not so little visit decided to make a massive web across the stairway by our front door. It's an orb weaver spider, also known as a garden spider or a writing spider or lots of other names. From what I've heard from friends and the internet, this isn't even that big, at about the size of a walnut. Some can get as big as your hand. They're pretty gnarly looking spiders. Our friendly maintenance guy was nice enough to find this sucker a new home.

Genevieve learned how to open our pantry and has been pulling out stuff ever since. She particularly likes the open box of pasta. She keeps chowing down on the stuff and drooling up a storm since she doesn't have enough teeth to really chew the stuff. A baby lock has since been installed on the door for my sanity's sake. Spencer already knows how to open it, but he has a bit more restraint. :)

Spencer decided to teach Genevieve the fine art of toothbrushing this weekend. It may backfire on him as he hoards our extra toothbrushes and she now thinks they're hers.

Genevevieve got to wear a new dress to church yesterday and the cuteness nearly killed me. This girl rocks the color orange. She had the cutest little shoes and an orange bow to go with it for church. It made her look like she was a miniature 15-year old.

Spencer's not much for pictures these days, but I snagged this one last night. Notice the lock on the pantry in the background? He can't be bothered to stop long enough for a cute shot, let alone open his eyes for the one I got. Hahaha! Stripes and print for his outfit? He's totally rocking it.

Genevieve LOVES to read these days. Her favorite books are Dear Zoo and Five Little Monkeys

This is how she signals she's ready for more food. It's hilarious. Usually she just feeds herself, but we were at Panera and Bill tried to keep up with feeding her as she inhaled their mac and cheese.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

I know just how you feel about the cupboards being locked for sanity's sake. At first, I just put locks where was dangerous stuff, but then added them to all but one cupboard. Donovan also thinks all the extra toothbrushes are his--he has about 10 toothbrushes. Your desk is awesome. I hope she's always as cute, even when she really is a 15-year-old.