I've always liked the concept of Halloween and the thought of dressing up in an awesome costume, but I can't say that I've had a lot of success over the years with stellar costumes. I've rarely managed the type of costume where everyone knows what I am and are sufficiently amused/impressed so it feels like I've been successful in whatever it means to be successful at Halloween. However, now that we have a couple of kids, this is the second year running where our costumes have been awesome. Well, the kids at least. This year they stole the show and Bill and I just rode their coat flaps of awesomeness in our no costume laziness, but their costumes were fantastic.
Both kids absolutely adore the movie The Lorax. I know, it has a totally in your face message to share about conservation that you may or may not like, but the dialog is fun, it's got depth, the music is fantastic, and Bill and I still get a kick out of it even after Spencer watched it every day for a good chunk of this last year. I can't say that about many movies. It was a no-brainer a few months back when we decided to dress Spencer as the Lorax for Halloween. Genevieve was a tad trickier to think what to do on that theme, but we decided to dress her as a truffula tree and oh it worked out so well. I'm so proud of these costumes because I made them and the kids rocked them. They both absolutely adore the hats, and cried whenever I tried to take them off. That's my kind of positive response from a kid. :) You can't ask for much more than having them be bothered when you try to take away what you gave them. Lol!
So behold, the Lorax and his truffula tree:


1 comment:
I love these costumes and that you made them! So original. I'm even more happy that the kids love, them,because, let's face it, it would not be fun to battle them to put them on after all your hard work. Way to go!
Post a Comment