I started a quilt for Genevieve. I decided I was ready to move on from squares to triangles and see how that went. So far it's fantastic, though definitely more finicky. This was the first block I did, just to practice. Don't worry, I just grabbed whatever scraps I could find that were big enough.
This crazy one, though, this is part of the quilt. The paper in the above picture is what the whole quilt design looks like. There is going to be some solid fabric in it, plus a whole lot of these crazy squares. Should be fun. I'm hoping it will take a bit longer than Spencer's, because I thoroughly enjoy this hobby and I don't have enough money to make gazillions of quilts right now, whether I want to or not. :)
The azaleas in my yard and the whole area are blooming like crazy and it's just beautiful. This is a picture of them a few days ago before they really got full of blooms. Right now you can hardly see the bush for the blooms.
I found this when I came in the house one afternoon. I laughed.
We pulled out the wormies, as Genevieve calls it, the other day before the last week of rain and thunderstorms started. The kids loved it. I forecast a lot more use of that as it gets warm again.
It has been raining for what feels like a week. It might be a bit less than that, but it has been a long time. We're getting a bit stir crazy. It's still forecasted until Tuesday. I like rain, but I also like a bit of a break occasionally. I would do awful in the Pacific Northwest. I love me some sunshine. :)
Aaron decided yesterday out of the blue that he could pull himself up. He only army crawls right now, so this is kind of huge. In fact, it's exactly the way Spencer did it, just a few months older than Spencer was when he did it. That kid was a baby on a mission to get moving. Aaron, not so much. But he was super pleased when he pulled himself to standing.
Also, we can finally see the beginnings of teeth coming through Aaron's gums. They're not in yet, but this poor 9+ month old really could use some teeth. He is not enjoying this final push. Nor am I as he didn't go to sleep until 11PM last night and then woke up twice before getting up for good at 7ish. Wooh! Not enough sleep for either of us!
.jpg)




No comments:
Post a Comment