Aaron decided his favorite word is no. That's all he says all day long. He says it with every inflection under the sun. He even has multiple ways to say no. No, nooooo, uh-uh, etc. It's amusing and aggravating and we'll all be glad when he moves past this stage, but he is really cute, so it's pretty adorable at the same time.
 |
| He sometimes gets a little over zealous eating his yogurt. |
Genevieve was my first child to experiment with shoving an item up her nose. It was a lego, one of the round button ones that are only one dot size. We asked her what possessed her to try it and her response was classic Genevieve, "I thought it would be fun." She followed that up in the car on the way to the doctor with, "It isn't very fun." lololol. Hopefully she learned that lesson and won't do that again. The reason I even discovered it was because we were playing legos and she starting picking at her nose. I told her to go get a tissue if she needed to do that and she said, "Mom, it's not a booger. It's a lego!" It turned out to be a pretty easy fix. Our PA at the doctor was able to get it out, which was kind of miraculous because she says she never succeeds at that. So all in all an amusing, albeit a bit traumatic experience.
 |
| The kids got a bit antsy to be done on our last Costco trip. This is how they ended up as we were going through the checkout line. If you look close you'll see Spencer is actually in the cart. Let me tell you, this cart was heavy to push! |
Spencer turns five in a week. I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the fact that he's been on this earth for that many years. This isn't really a funny thing, but more just that he's developing some self awareness and I'm enjoying the process. He developed a cold after church on Sunday and it ramped up pretty quickly, so I planned to keep him home from preschool Monday but didn't mention it to him. When he woke up and was eating breakfast he told me, "Mom, I don't think I should go to preschool this morning. I don't feel very good. I'll go tomorrow." He has always had a quirk where if we ask him how he feels his response is always, "Good" or "Fine." So this is actually kind of a big deal. He did end up going to school Tuesday, but he has a cough that developed again last night, so he said the same thing this morning. I appreciate that he's finally starting to recognize how he's feeling. Communication is a really good thing.
 |
| One of the hundreds of selfies Spencer takes on my phone. |
No comments:
Post a Comment