As luck would have it, Bill and I have actually had a fairly easy time picking baby names. We had two the first go around, Spencer and Luke. I believe both of them actually came from my list of names I had gathered over the years of names I liked for future children. We didn't decide on Spencer until he was born and in the hospital and we sort of tried it on him and it worked.
Genevieve's name actually came from Bill's internship at a gas company in Las Vegas the summer I was pregnant with Spencer. We didn't know his gender yet, and Bill came upon the name Genevieve while looking through property records of some sort. He liked it and mentioned it to me and I liked it as well. So that name just hung out for a couple years until she was actually born, but we never stopped liking it, so that was surprisingly easy.
Aaron took quite a bit longer to decide on. His name ended up also coming from my list if I remember right, but it didn't stand out immediately. I don't think we picked his name until about 25 weeks pregnant. We liked the names Aaron and Alexander and we actually asked Spencer which one he liked. He unfailingly picked Aaron, which is pretty impressive for a barely three-year old. The name stuck and we picked it.
This go around the instant I found out I was pregnant I was sure I was having a girl. I have no idea why it seemed so obvious to me, but it did. My boy and girl pregnancies have been quite different from each other, so that helped, but mostly I was just sure. We didn't have even an inkling of a name but one day the name Chloe popped into my head and it felt so incredibly right. I was pretty hesitant to share wtih Bill for fear he wouldn't like it when I was so certain it was her name. But then I told him and he loved it and we were both completely shocked. We've gone through loads of names that we couldn't agree on, so this was impressive. It's never happened that easily. We haven't a clue what her middle name will be, but hey, we're halfway there and feeling good. It'll come.
No comments:
Post a Comment