Saturday, July 16, 2016

Aaron is two

Oh geez, this kid. I love him to pieces. It's hard to believe he's already two, but more so it's hard to believe he's only been earthside two years. He's packed a lot of impact in that two years and I can't remember at all what it was like before he made his debut into our family. So without further ado, here are a few great things about Aaron that I don't want to forget.

Aaron is a charmer. Those that know Bill know about the little twinkle in his eye that he gets when he's about to say something really funny to someone in a side conversation or have the perfect comedic comment. Well, Aaron totally inherited this trait. He has the best sense of humor. He gets that same twinkle in his eye and I always know whatever he does is going to be super funny. He loves to laugh and make other people laugh.

Aaron is always up for trying something new. He doesn't have a lot of the boundaries that the older two have developed. For instance, I usually keep a bag of homemade cookies in the freezer. We usually have one a day. The instant Aaron learned how to open the freezer, the barrier of my kids asking me if they could have a cookie evaporated. See, Aaron goes and opens the freezer and gets one for himself without asking. He always grabs one for the older two as well and sometimes one for me too. How can you be bothered at a kid for getting into something he maybe shouldn't when he shares with everyone around him?


Aaron is adventurous. Why not hop back in the pool after your bath and getting pajamas on? Seemed perfectly reasonable to him. I just laughed. I find that's a better reaction than getting bothered. Everyone is happier.
Aaron loves to be carried. Mostly he just wants his daddy to carry him everywhere, because he's more attached to Bill then I thought possible, especially after Genevieve going through this age phase, as she was super attached, but Aaron takes it to a whole new level. He LOVES his daddy. 


He's a food lover. He doesn't always want to eat what I give him, but he loves to eat. It's refreshing.


He loves hats. I have to say he looks pretty good in them too. 



He adores his baby sister. He was the first one to hold her the day she was born. He mostly calls her Baby, but he knows her name too and he'll use that. She's been crying a lot in the car the last couple days and he will say, "Mommy, rock the baby." So sweet. He has a gentle soul. He sees when people don't feel good and wants to make them feel better. He is so attached to his Goonie stuffed bear. We've bought one for each of the kids and when one of his siblings is crying he'll run and find theirs and bring it to them. It's like he thinks in his head that Goonie makes him feel better, so obviously it will make them as well. They don't have nearly the attachment to theirs, but not surprisingly, they have grown to love theirs a lot as well! This kid is influential.
Aaron is a problem solver. He comes upon an obstacle and rather than be deterred he figures out a tool that he can use to get past his problem. It's a marvel to behold. He climbed on chairs way earlier than any of my others. Honestly, he has had more bumps and bruises than the older two because he's always pushing limits to do more. I kind of love it because he's not easily frustrated and that makes a rather delightful child.

Speaking of delightful, he's just such a sunny personality. He has mastered the concept that saying please gets him a lot of things. He's currently exploring the screaming option as well, likely as a result of seeing his older siblings try it, but he's quick to stop when we tell him it won't get him anywhere. He's a thinker and it's fun to see the wheels turning in his head. 

Aaron knows what he wants. He's very willing to share his opinions. Again, it's super refreshing to ask him whether he wants to eat something or do something and get an honest, clear cut answer. I really appreciate that when life at my house is so chaotic. 

And so that's Aaron right now. I can't wait to see what the next year brings. This kid is such an integral part of our family and I'm so glad he's ours.

No comments: