Chloe started laughing this morning. I even got it on video. It's adorable. But it was before we got all the way dressed for the day and there's a bit too much undergarment in view. Hahaha! So just know that we're enjoying the cuteness and I'll try to get a video soon with clothes on.
We went to the Clemson First Friday parade last night. It happens every year the Friday before the first home football game. Not gonna lie, it was the tamest parade I've ever attended. Apparently Utah knows how to make parades a bit more exciting than this one was and I was spoiled without even knowing it. We had fun even as I wondered why I would want to see all the sororities on campus walk by shouting the Clemson cheer. I noticed not a single fraternity participated. We've never gone to it before, so chalk it up on our list of lasts. It was hot! I've been checking the weather and this weekend looks like it will be the last two days in the 90s. Folks, 93 degrees is too hot for September. Chloe's face in the pics says how she feels about that.
But regardless of the heat and the general chillness of the parade and lack of floats and people throwing candy, it was totally worth getting out on a Friday night to be with the crowds and let the kids get all excited. We're starting to come out of our shell of staying at home all the time. When I had Aaron that first year we basically hibernated. It was so stinkin' hard to get everyone out the door to do everything. But now a couple years later it's somehow not so hard, and so rewarding to get out and about. I think it's because the other kids are a lot older and more capable even as we have another baby. It makes all the difference. It's good because I'm not a natural homebody, so being able to get out and about again fills my cup.
 |
| Aaron is all about balls, so these ones totally made his night. |
 |
| Guys, I'm hot! |
 |
| The low flying plane and news helicopters were pretty fun for the kids too. |
 |
| No seriously guys, it's hot, and this hat is doing nothing for me. Ha! |
1 comment:
I have never been to First Friday, but I know this was the first year they did not have floats. I can't remember why, but I do remember reading they made a decision to go with banners instead of floats this year, which seems like a pretty lame parade!
Post a Comment