This morning was pretty much a slam dunk for rough Monday starts to the week. I went running and the hills got to me and I had to walk at least half the run. My jogging stroller pulls to the right and is annoying to push, but mornings are my best time to run. So I'm in the market for something that works better and we'll see what comes of that. I want a BoB. Hopefully Craigslist will be my friend.
Halfway through my run I got a call for a meeting I was supposed to be calling in for, but I thought it was tomorrow, so I'd left to go running. I told them I'd call back in 20 minutes. Well, the course I was running goes across a levy by the lake, which is gated on both ends. I have to take the kids out of the stroller and fold it up to get through the gate. At the first gate I unknowingly dropped my phone out, probably when I folded the stroller up. I didn't notice for a hundred yards or so when I tried to get it to make that call. I went back to search and didn't have any luck, despite knowing the phone had to be right there.
I headed over to Bill's work to borrow his phone, which didn't have the number I needed, or I thought it didn't, so I had to call my mom, then make the call, 20 minutes late. In the process of all the juggling Bill was in the van watching the kids and I walked out the door of the lab without his keys. Yep! Locked out! The look of panic on Bill's face said it all. Thankfully, not a minute later a guy drove up who has a key. Huge blessing there because nobody else is in Bill's lab and it's a few miles from main campus. That was one less delay for the day.
He headed back to help me find my phone and I took his phone to call it. I walked the stretch it would be in and still didn't find it. I only found it after calling it and following the sound. Someone had wedged it in the gate. Unfortunately, they or maybe me stepped on it before that happened and the bottom corner of the screen is shattered, with cracks spread across the whole phone. It's new as of July. Total bummer. I ordered a screen protector from Amazon and shelled out to have it come tomorrow. I'll put the cover on so it can't break anymore and hope that there's a good deal on Black Friday next month and I can limp to then with the broken screen.
In better news, nothing else went wrong today. Ha! Here's to a better tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment