This was a week of finishing up projects. I have a tendency of taking on too many at the same time and then my mental space feels super cluttered and I can't relax until I finish them all. I'll have a stack of books to read and a sewing project and a couple wood projects and a painting all at the same time and then I feel totally overwhelmed by so many things I want to do but compete for my limited free time. It's kind of ridiculous, but oh well. Once I finish all these things I'll probably do the same thing again without realizing it and the cycle will start over, haha!
So first up Bill had the great idea to re-purpose the foam from our old couch cushions and make an ottoman of sorts. I made it last night and it turned out really nice! It's too squishy to sit on comfortably, at least as an adult, but it's real comfy to rest your feet on and it's nice and square.
We also let the kids pick out fabric to make giant floor pillows. I got a bunch of duck fabric and I still need to get more filling, but I can make the shells for now.
I finished this paint-by-number this week. Routing grooves out for a picture frame is what I did with the router. The pieces are all stained but I ran out of clear coat and my re-order doesn't get here until tomorrow, so these are on hold.
Not pictured is my second dresser that I finished painting. It also only needs clear coat to be finished.
I also finished a series by Brandon Sanderson that didn't have a happy ending, which was totally shocking. He's a wily writer. That's a huge reason why I like his work. Did not expect how the Evil Librarians series ended!
This week looks like it will be a sewing week. I've finally caught up, save for the clear coat, on all the furniture projects I've decided on. My MIL is sending me a huge box of her quilting fabric scraps and I'm going to work on a postage stamp quilt plus the floor pillows. I might even give the quilt to one of my kids. Or maybe not. Haha! Depends on how it turns out and how much I like it.




1 comment:
I totally do the same thing with projects. I love the paint by number you just finished.
Post a Comment