Tuesday, August 20, 2019
Surgery Week
I've tried a million billion treatments to help the carpal tunnel I developed during my last two pregnancies that was aggravated about two years ago and has been a problem ever since. None of them really helped much. I had a few that had some positive results, mostly upper cervical chiropractic care and topical CBD oil, but nothing made it go away. So I finally got around to doing surgery on my right hand this last week. I'll most likely schedule the left hand later this fall. It's hard to do much without your dominant hand, but aside from that, the recovery has been remarkably swift and less painful than I expected. I never even took any of the meds. Took ibuprofen twice. It just wasn't too bad. I'm very grateful for that. I've got a pretty awesome wound with stitches in it for another six days, but otherwise every day I can do more with my hand. It's really nice! And hopefully as full healing occurs I will see a drop in the symptoms that made the surgery necessary. I'll spare you the surgery photos, but it is a gnarly wound. Good times. 2019 has been a year of working through medical issues and slowly finding solutions. The process is ongoing and I hope by the end of the year I'll be past most of them. Mid-thirties hit me like a ton of you're not healthy anymore bricks, so I'd just as soon move on from these last 2.5 years. Here's to better health!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment