Coronavirus, you are changing our world. It's been such a crazy week. Homeschooling has gone surprisingly well. Staying at home all the time is also okay. I thought I would be more stir crazy, but it's not too bad. I go out to grocery shop and that's about it. The kids have jumped on the trampoline a lot. We've watched a lot of shows, worked on a lot of educational sites, played lots of games, read books. It's ever evolving. I'm following the news and Facebook way more than I was before this hit. I see a lot of ridiculous behavior, but also so much good happening. So many people are stepping up and doing good in this crazy time and that is comforting. We'll weather this. People are going to have really bad hair and nails and eyebrows and won't know what it's like to have to put normal clothes on after wearing PJs nonstop for weeks on end, but hey, being forced to step back and focus on family isn't bad. I worry for our economy and my investments and my friends and family that don't have stable jobs and are hurting so badly already. My job is beginning to scale back my workload, so we will feel the financial pinch from that, but nothing like what I know so many are struggling with. I remember back after 9/11 there was a long period of time where people and communities really pulled together. I've missed that for a long time because it went away all too fast. I'm seeing that again now and it is wonderful. A silver lining in all this bad.
Some clay creations we made one day.
Trampoline time on repeat for days. It was glorious.
Except for when Spencer quite accidentally bounced Aaron out the open door onto his head. Thankfully no concussion or lasting damage as far as we can tell. What a huge blessing since he fell on his head on the concrete.
I finished Aaron's paint by number. He loves it. Next up is a butterfly for Spencer but it is not a priority item on Amazon, so it won't come until May at the earliest once I order it, so it looks like I'll be taking a break from painting for now.
We took a Sunday afternoon bike ride and saw way too many people out and about socializing. Gov. Inslee issued a stay at home edict today and I hope it helps. We've got to all work together to beat Coronavirus.
The painting stretched and hung in Aaron's room.
We are costuming it up pretty constantly and the kids played with our tangram shapes for a good long time yesterday. That was a fun toy to pull out that we haven't played with in a long while.












No comments:
Post a Comment