Monday, August 24, 2020

Visiting with family

 Hands down the best thing about being in Utah so far as getting to see so much family. My mom, my sister and her family, my grandma. Bill's parents. He had two sisters and their families come to visit. It's been great. I have family on my side here I haven't even seen yet. It's very nice to see all that family. We've lived far away from them for many years. We've been able to connect up with some old friends and hopefully we can keep doing that. I don't really expect us to settle here long-term, though it could happen, but I'm trying to take advantage of doing all the things that we love about Utah so we won't wish we had if we leave sooner than we expect. 


We've already been on several hikes. We hiked the Y last week. We hiked up Yellow Fork Canyon mid week, and this Saturday we hiked Donut Falls and celebrated our accomplishment with some amazing donuts from Darla's Donuts in Salt Lake. So yummy. 


Yellow Fork Canyon


Genevieve actually had a primary activity for the first time since February! They painted rocks.

Grandkids. And a couple friends. 

Spencer had a primary activity too! Horseback riding. That's one cool thing about living in Herriman. Lots of people have horses.

Playing at a local splash pad one afternoon.



CHloe wore all her swimsuits. A one piece underneath, then a long-sleeved rash guard and bottoms, plus the short-sleeved rash guard. Who even knows. But she didn't get cold!  

Hiking Donut Falls.






No comments: