It's been a busy weekend. My SIL tipped me off to a new builder in Bluffdale that I hadn't heard about previously. I checked out their website. It looked promising. I drove over there on Friday. I liked the feel of the area. I setup some appointments and Bill and I and our realtor toured the models on Saturday and that solidified our decision. We put our names down on the wait list to build! We're third on the list, so ours won't start being built until March and they estimate eight months to build. So we'll be here at Bill's parents' house for longer than we thought, but we're just super excited to have found a place. This is the one we picked.
https://www.woodsidehomes.com/utah/floorplan-regency-at-day-ranch-buckingham-drr-1165-7437
I snapped this picture from the model home as we left on Saturday. Such a beautiful view!
We also decided practically on a whim to solve our one-car dilemma we've had since we sold our old one in Seattle and never bought a new one, but then moved here and had home buying priorities and paying off debt wishes. So we wanted to buy a car but were torn how much to spend and what to get. Bill's sister and BIL bought a new to them car and my FIL took it down to them this weekend. They planned to get rid of their old car, and we decided it would work great for us as a stop gap while we have other things we're focused on, so we're buying it and expect it'll work for us for a few more years hopefully until we're more interested in doing a good car search. Woot! A house and a car in one weekend! And both at prices that work really well for us. Feels really good!
We took the kids hiking up to a little mountain near our house in Herriman. It was beautiful! Snowy enough to be fun, not enough to make it miserable. We did a little over three miles with the kids. It was an exercise heavy day for me. I ran three miles in the morning, then went to my hour-long FiA exercise group, then did this three-mile hike. Then started the process to buy a townhome, lol. It was a GREAT day.
A few pictures from the hike.











No comments:
Post a Comment