Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Last week before the big job starts

 It was a great week. I did all the things I could to prep for starting full time work this week, and that worked out really quite well. Chloe helped me fill Valentine's treats for hers and her siblings' classes.

Bill got a great new haircut. 
I bought a couple plants because why not? I don't have to have a reason to buy more plants, lololol.
The kids had a mental health day Friday instead of a flex Friday, and I took them to the Tracy aviary. It was lovely. We did lose Chloe for a few minutes though, and that was scary. Thankfully there were very few people there since it was a weekday and we were reunited quickly. I think that's the first time I've actually lost one of my kids at a public place. 


Bill and I made a ton of tasty treats for our Super Bowl party with Suzanne. Rugelach. 
Fruit dip.
Cinnamon chips for the fruit dip.
Thai sesame chicken dip. 
Salsa.
I will be using a work laptop so I got the kids a desk and moved my one-year old 27" iMac out to the hall for them to use. They have no idea how lucky they are. lolol. 
Genevieve made this treasure box for her Valentine's box. She filled part of it with jewelry and other trinkets to make it a real treasure box, and then her friends put her cards in it. She's so creative. 

I made these twixster cookies. They are shortbread with homemade caramel and chocolate drizzled on top.  Oh goodness, they are so good. 
These are the rest of the soft caramels. 

No comments: