Sunday, November 12, 2023

New Job and Basement Progress

 Bill and Spencer and Genevieve got to go to a BYU football game last night! First time for the kids. Fun time, terrible game! They got creamed so badly. But fun was had by all. We had our primary program at church today. The kids did great. Grandma Jones came to watch. It’s Genevieve’s last one. They were all dragging through it though after going to bed at 1am! Hahaha!


I got a new chair at work that had all sorts of snazzy features like a heated back and massager and foot rest. But when I slide all the way back on it, my feet don’t touch the ground. Short girl problems! I built this little stool out of some scraps yesterday and some leftover paint. It’ll be just what I need so my legs won’t be dangling. I also helped a friend redo some trim and a windowsill in her bathroom. That let me use not one, not two, but three of my saws! Hahaha! I loved it. 
Genevieve and I rode our bikes up to Quench It and got drinks. Super fun! But how the heck did I birth a child that looks this little like me??? Bless her and her beautiful red hair. She looks just like her Grandma Suzanne and her beach waves that she’s starting to learn to style are glorious. Not at their best in this picture, but they’re jealousy worthy when she has her hair styled nice. 
Last Saturday I realized 3/4 of the way there that I hadn’t put my running shoes on. I almost turned back, as I was also a tad sick, but then I remembered crocs have sport mode! Haha! Flipped that strap down and went for it. The run felt great. I might wear them on purpose in the future! 
I don’t have any pictures, but our basement is coming along nicely, finally! We’ve only been working on it a bit here and there for this entire year. No big deal. 🤨 We’ve had framing done for months and months. We got the HVAC and rough plumbing done. Tub is in. Bill is nigh unto done with the electrical, so I paid for a building permit last week and we’ll schedule the four-way inspection this week and then start on drywall! I also bought a drywall lift, so we’ll be able to install it ourselves. Why have we suddenly started working on it more, you might ask? Because Bill has some extra time this month as he’s transitioning to a new job! He’s diving deeper into the forensic engineering field and accepted a position at a forensic engineering specific firm, where he’ll start after Thanksgiving. We’re super excited! He started this career pivot earlier this year with a startup and he’s now diving in the deep end in the industry. We think it’s a great opportunity and really look forward to all the new things associated with it. 

No comments: