Sunday, April 21, 2024

Running and Drumming and Tennis

 Chloe has been playing in percussion club every week all year and they had their performance this week. It overlapped Genevieve’s soccer game, so my favorite drummer, Bill, went to the concert and I went to soccer. I saw the video afterward though, and they’re so good! Aaron did the club last year and this year’s was just as good. 



Bill took some amazing pictures of my tennis team. This is one of the ones he got of Aaron. I love it so much. 
I ran the Salt Lake Half Marathon yesterday! It went so well. This year has been intensely busy on a scale I haven’t seen in a while. So I’m still running, but not as many days. One of my run club runs overlaps with tennis practice, so this last month I’ve missed that one. I did get some long runs in this spring and just hoped for the best. I ran with my friend Diane and we had a fantastic race. We stayed together until mile 12 and then I was like let’s go! And I sped up my pace for a negative mile split. I was at about an 8:45 pace for mile 12, but I did 8:20 for mile 13 and it felt amazing! I did not want to leave any effort on the table. I always like to sprint to the finish, but 8:20 was actually all I had, so I just pushed to hold it all the way through the chute  I was so pleased with how it went. 

On the train at ridiculously early 5am hour. 

Last year I did a dedicated marathon training program. I ran a ton of miles. I was very thoughtful about my paces and long slow runs, etc. This year I did none of that save for doing some long runs in March and April. And I managed to finish in less than a minute slower than last year. I’m really pleased with that result. I still have a really good base of running miles this year. I consistently ran all winter, so that’s what is keeping me finding success in my racing. 
Still smiling after the race! 
We’re doing some plant relocations with the new basement. I put plants back on mine and Bill’s bedside tables. They look so good against the gray wall. I love it! 



No comments: