Sunday, May 11, 2025

Zion Ragnar Trail Relay

I ran the Zion Ragnar Trail Relay this weekend. My South Jordan Run Club was able to put together two full teams of eight runners, so what it felt like me and 15 of my favorite friends went down and camped and ran together. It was hot and cold and a bit rainy at times and so much energy and support and good food and fun. We had an entire table full of snacks we all brought. I drank more electrolytes than I probably ever have. I ran a super technical four miles, another four miles that had a too steep to run mile two, and a 7.5 miles in the middle of the night. It was gorgeous and hard and satisfying. I’d do it again! 

I got a sweet Ragnar truckers hat. 

The campsite. 
Matching tattoos. 
Beautiful sunset over the shower building. 
Bright and sunny on the yellow loop. 
At the top of the yellow loop, well probably on one of the zillion false summits, of mile two. 
This was the chute I finished each of the three legs in. 
The tree with the clouds to frame it? Gorgeous. 
A shot one of my teammates got in her night run. I didn’t take any photos that led, and this one is breathtaking. It was surreal running in the pitch black with a very small scattering of runners over the course of that loop. 
Bill’s f3 group put a team together. This was them coming in at the finish. It was pretty inspiring. We did the same thing with my two teams and it felt so good. 
The team logo. We have a running joke about how we try to recruit people to come run with random strangers in the park after dark. 😆
And we finished. 
Huzzah! 




No comments: