Happy 9th birthday, Chloe! We celebrated the day after we got back from our family reunion. We ate at Black Bear Diner and Chik Fil A and swam even though it was randomly cold. We opened presents and went shopping and just had a great day.
I left the following Saturday for a work conference in Washington DC. It was a really good conference. I enjoyed it, and as is normal, was totally ready to be done by the end. The conference was Sunday to Wednesday, which is a little wild schedule for work. It was a long week!
I ran or walked the Mall three or four times while I was there. I haven’t been to DC since the 2000s, so it was fun to go back. It was so flipping hot and humid. The conference was walking distance from my hotel, but we’d all still be so sweaty when we arrived after walking just a few blocks. Ha!
We went to the beach one day.
The last day we went to a museum at the local Air Force Base. It was cool!
It was a fun time. I’m back home now and pretty pleased about that as well. It’s good to be back!












No comments:
Post a Comment