So although I'm feeling exceptionally poor today, it is nice to actually have the time to blog about last weekend. My parents and Bill and I caravaned out to the Springs on Friday to be there in time for our open house on Saturday. We decorated the church Friday night with the help of some wonderful friends that still live there. Nannette and Clay Jones hosted the weekend for us and they were just so generous and wonderful about everything! We stayed at their house all weekend and Clay made us the most amazing salmon Saturday night! What a great family they are.
After decorating on Friday, Bill and I headed over to the Black's house to spend some time with Kirsten, my best friend, who also drove in for the open house. It was so wonderful to get to spend some time with her! She just moved to Craig, CO from Texas so I'm very glad that she's closer by so we can go visit them. I wish we could always live near each other, but sadly, that's definitely not the case.
Ever since my parents moved to Utah last year, I've felt just a little displaced. I wasn't really sure what to call home anymore, because I've now lived in Utah for almost as long as I lived in Colorado. Going there this weekend totally sealed the deal for me. I'm definitely a Coloradan at heart and am always going to be. I love that place!
Saturday morning I took Bill to Garden of the Gods. We didn't get to stay for very long, but we did hike around a little bit. Rock climbing there is a reason unto itself to make a trip back to the Springs.

The open house turned out great. Not too many people were able to make it, but that was actually nice because we got to talk more in-depth with the ones that did come. It was really nice and just an awesome trip. After the open house we had a good time opening our presents. We've gotten more presents over the last few weeks that I've gotten in years. It's been a fun month, that's for sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment