Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Someone saw me

I had the craziest, busiest day today. I don't really have finals in my program, just projects/presentations and they're during the last week of classes, not during finals. So that means that my life is absolutely insane right now! I have a dinner tomorrow night for my etiquette class final and my guitar class final right before. Thursday morning bright and early my final project/presentation for three classes is scheduled, and that project has driven me nearly crazy all week. I'm seriously worried about getting done with it in time. Tomorrow I also have a paper due in my government class that I haven't started. Needless to say, I'm stressed! So what am I doing online? Taking a few minutes to de-stress by blogging and then it will be back to the races! I want to tell a little story that happened this weekend.

Bill and I went to the temple Saturday morning and because it was so busy, we got out later than we'd planned. We left the temple at 11:30AM and Bill had to be at a team meeting to work on one of his final projects right then. We didn't have time to go home, so he was starving but just had to go. So I dropped him off and told him I would bring him some lunch.

In one of those good wife moments, I had the great idea to make cookies and bring them with me for him and his group when I brought him food. I decided to make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and found a recipe that turned out to be absolutely delightful from a ward cookbook that I believe my brother and sister-in-law gave us for our wedding or Christmas or something like that. Thanks Mark and Kelly! So I made the cookies, some pasta and such, and headed up to campus to bring it all to Bill. We had a nice little break while he ate and then I headed home with the tupperware, feeling all good about myself for bringing him lunch AND cookies. Just a disclaimer lest you think I'm congratulating myself too much. I am so, so, so, so, so busy ALL the time with my grad program, so I don't have a lot of time to cook, let alone bake, though I love doing both. I was very pleased to find a minute to do that and get to share it with Bill.

Anyway, the whole experience wasn't a big deal save for what happened the next day. We were both in Relief Society and they had this little Visiting Teaching minute where you share good stories about visiting teaching. One of the girls in our ward raised her hand and said, "I saw Sister Ashman walking out of the Clyde building with empty tupperware in her hands and I just thought, oh yay, they love each other so much!" Bill and I were both a little surprised, but it was really fun. You never know who's watching you and it's kind of fun to be caught doing something nice.

3 comments:

Merry said...

That's so fun! Do you still like being in your singles ward? :D

Jolena said...

Yeah, I love it. The best part is when they come over to our apartment for FHE. It is hilarious to cram 20-30 people in our tiny apartment. :)

Vanessa said...

what a great story. Glad you had a chance to enjoy baking while doing a bit of service too. Hang in there with classes!