I woke up earlier than normal this morning so I was able to get out working at the same time Bill left for work, around 7AM. It was great because it gave me more time to stain before it got too hot for it to work well. I stained all the table parts save for the back of the tabletop with one coat of stain and all the parts that you can see I even had time to get a second coat on. It worked out almost perfectly with the amount of stain I had left. I had to scrape the bottom of the can to finish the last table leaf. I did realize that I missed one inside edge of the tabletop, so I will have to get some more stain to do that, but I have two more chairs to make anyway, so that is fine. Here's the results:
And here are what my feet looked like afterward. I had already washed my hands and arms so I couldn't take a picture of those. Staining is messy work!
1 comment:
Ah dang! that table is gunna be so nice when its done.
Post a Comment