There is a somewhat little known fact that Squaw Peak Road continues far past the little make out point all the teenagers go to and actually goes all the way over the mountain down into Hobble Creek Canyon. Bill and I decided it was imperative that we drive the whole road to see the full extent of the changing of the fall colors this year. Last year we just went a little ways up the road in my car, but this year we took the Jeep. It was awesome. A little bumpier, or a lot bumpier, than I we would have liked, but the colors were beautiful and if you're up for a 30+ mile 2 or 3 hour drive, I would recommend it. Only if you have a 4-wheel drive vehicle though. This is not for low clearance cars. We saw some and wondered how in the world they made it. Here's a few of the pictures we got. Not a one of us in the bunch, just pretty colors.
No comments:
Post a Comment