Bill and I are on the activities committee in our ward and we had a ward trunk-or-treat last night. It was pouring when it was supposed to happen, so we set up all the people in classrooms around the church. I kind of killed the decorate your trunk part, but all the kids still had a great time. There were games and food in the gym and the kids kept doing circuits through the rooms around the perimeter accumulating mass amounts of candy. Fun times. We had wanted to come up with some great idea for a couple costume that would incorporate my pregnant belly, but everything we thought of took more time, effort and particularly money than we cared to put into it. Tori saved the day though. She told me about her costume last year and said I was welcome to copy it. So we didn't have a couple costume, but we still looked pretty good. Bill went as a cowboy and I went as a magic 8 ball. I even had pieces of paper in the pocket I made between the 8 and my shirt with all the responses on it, so people could come up and ask me questions. It was fun. I've historically not had very good Halloween costumes, and this one turned out to be a hit, so way to go Tori for saving the day. :)
Bill and I gave talks in church today. They went really well. I probably shouldn't admit it, but I really like to talk in church. I like giving lessons too. I like to teach in general. This semester I am teaching the lab for the class I TA for and I love it! I get pretty good feedback from the students on my teaching abilities, so that makes me feel good too. Way back in the day I decided not to go into teaching because I don't care too much for the lesson planning process. I've come to find out over the years that most teachers don't like that part. Funny how that works. :) Who knows, maybe sometime in the future I'll be able to get to teaching. Bill is also interested in teaching at some point in his career, so maybe we'll end up at a university together or something like that. How cool would that be? PhD anyone? lol, not anytime soon. And I don't even know in what subject, to be perfectly honest. But the thought does cross my mind when I think about how much I enjoy teaching. I need to find an area I would love to research in too and then I would be set.
I got a new calling today to be the ward music chairperson. I'm pretty excited about it. I'll still be on the activities committee, but do this also. I always love music callings and this is one I've never had, so it should be great. It's probably better with the little guy on the way because there's already a couple ward organists, a choir director, and a ward chorister, so my part won't involve doing one of those things every week. Maybe I'll put together a music fireside or something like that though. That would be so fun.
And for the standard prego picture, here's what I'm looking like these days at 28 weeks. People keep asking me when I'm due. Either I look farther along than I am, or just so pregnant they're not afraid to ask anymore. :) lol
4 comments:
I love the Magic 8 ball. It sounds like it was fun. We had a trunk or treat last week. We were lucky to not have it rained out. It had poured rain all day, though. We were able to do it outside.
that cosutme is awesome!
Will she make it to her due date?
My sources say "no"
I love speaking in church too--my favorite calling was as a RS teacher.
So as far as the ultrasound/measuring ahead goes, I've measured about a week ahead with all my babies. But my husband is eleven inches taller than me, and the dating is done from the baby's leg bones, and my husband seriously has the longest legs you've ever seen, as do all three of our children. All of my babies have been big, even the two that were born (via induction) a week early. Your body will have that baby when it's ready. :-) I wouldn't worry too much.
Fingers crossed that your glucose test comes back in the clear!
Post a Comment