So I went to my midwives appointment today and met with a different one than I usually see. She was nice, but way more worried about everything in general. The one I've been to before seems to think I actually know what's going on and this one was less that way. She did need to familiarize herself with my medical history, but she was all worried about me measuring big and made sure to totally emphasize to watch for pre-term labor and she almost ordered an ultrasound because I'm still measuring 2 almost 3 weeks ahead, but the fact that my baby measured totally on schedule at my last ultrasound despite me being big didn't seem to matter. Oh and that I'm 5'2" tall and carrying all in front. And that I haven't had any complications my whole pregnancy. And that my mom had the same type of pregnancy 7 times where she got big early and I've generally followed in her footsteps my whole pregnancy. I guess none of those really matter if I have complications now, but I think things are fine. The little guy is kicking up a storm most all the time and seems to be doing fantastic.
I did have one hiccup this week. My glucose came back measuring high, so I have to go do the 3-hour test on Thursday morning. That's no fun, but hopefully I'll pass it. I would rather not have gestational diabetes, that is for sure. We'll see in a few days!
No comments:
Post a Comment