December has been a blur. Blogging has definitely taken a backseat to everything else going on. Finishing up final projects, grading projects for the class I TA for, and finals took every last second I had for the first half of the month. I haven't stayed up so late in years working on school projects or grading. Thank heavens the projects and finals are over. I am still grading final papers for my class but that is not nearly as big a project as all the others.
Bill and I managed to get most everything done and we were out the door to come down to Las Vegas at 7PM on the 15th. Talk about cutting it close. We wanted to drive down that day, but it's a 6-hour drive, so we weren't sure we'd finish everything in time to leave that day. I ended up taking three finals that day to make it happen, one of them as we drove down to Henderson. It was pretty crazy, but we made it through. We arrived in Henderson safe and sound at 12:15AM and just crashed. It feels so good to be away from school and relaxing.
The Monday before we left we did manage to get in a trip up to Temple Square. I always love doing that. The lights were gorgeous as always.
Also, a new picture of my ever growing belly.
I haven't gotten much bigger lately, which is a plus. He's growing well. I did have a bit of a hiccup the day before we left when I went to my midwives appointment. The little guy has a bit of an uneven heart rate, which is not unusual before they are born, but my dad has major heart issues that he has had since birth, so anytime any of us kids have any problems or our children do, the doctors always take major precautions to make sure everything is well and good. I ended up over at the hospital for 2 or 3 hours getting a non-stress test and an ultrasound. Good news? He is moving like crazy ALL the time and looks healthy all around except for the slight uneven heart beat. I did get to see him again in the ultrasound and he's cute as ever. Can't wait to meet him in a month! I do have to do a non stress test weekly now just to make sure he's good, but he seems to be developing just fine. That chunk of time was what triggered me taking three finals the next day, but I was glad to find out he is healthy, so the time was worth it.
That gets me to Henderson. I've been doing some fun stuff here, but I'll put that in a separate post. Suffice it to say I am so happy to be on vacation finally and am thoroughly enjoying the few weeks off from school.
No comments:
Post a Comment