I babysat for a friend in my ward yesterday. I played in the yard with her kids for a couple hours. Bill even came along after a while to enjoy the sun. Just a simple little thing, but we came away with more than we expected. See, we have this cute apartment we live in, but it's not really that big and it doesn't have a washer/dryer. We are going to be around Prove at least 2 or 3 more years and we love our ward, so even without the washer/dryer we expected to stay in our apartment until Bill finished school. That is, unless we found a better place still in our ward. It's only 3 blocks by 2 blocks big, so the chances didn't seem high that would happen. Except that after the little babysitting trip yesterday, it looks like it has! See, it turns out this family is going to be moving and their house will be available. That's right, I said house. Not apartment. It's a 3-bedroom house with a yard and a washer/dryer in it so we don't even have to buy one. Oh, and did I mention that it costs less for rent and utilities than our current rent alone? Yeah, that's right. Bill and I are pretty much ecstatic. We'd really love to be able to buy a house, but that's not going to happen for several years, but this is a definite step up in the right direction for us. Yay!
Oh, and in other news, Spencer's hair is officially long enough for him to have woken up this morning with bed hair. I tried to take a picture, but it didn't really show. Just think mini faux-hawk. It's so cute. Here's a few pictures of his favorite things to do these days.
1. Hold things
2. suck on his fingers
3. Sit up
4. Drool
And a four generation shot from Easter(s) :)
6 comments:
That's so exciting!! And Spencer is soooo cute with his dimpled chin - ohmygosh!! I can't wait to see him in July! (Oh, and to see you and Bill, of course ; )
Aunt Debbie
That's so awesome, what great news!
Not fair! But I'm really happy for you guys, and especially like the part about it being cheaper than your current place. But is that the rent year round? and what about not wanting to move this summer?...;) And Spencer is so cute, thanks for giving me such a handsome nephew.
Vanessa, the rent is year round, but that's what we have now too. The only thing that would make us move would be to find a better place in our same ward boundaries, which this is. :) Saving at least $50 a month is a very good impetus as well. And cuteness runs in the Ashman genes it seems. I hope you guys can have one soon so we'll get to ooh and aah over him or her too. :)
HAHA Easters..love that movie. And CONGRATS! That is super exciting about the house! I LOVE when stuff like that happens. What a blessing.
Post a Comment