Wednesday, October 26, 2011
9 Months
I completely missed my 8-month post and now Spencer is already 9 months old! We went to his checkup today and he's health and well. 17lbs 11oz, 29.3 inches tall, big head. He's still our bobblehead baby. He's in the 70 and 80% range for height and head circumference and the 8th for weight. Someone I know coined a new name for him. He's my lollipop baby. So funny. Really though, he is growing like a weed.
He's pulling himself up and cruising everywhere he can and has been for a month now. I forecast walking by Thanksgiving or not that much after. He is in love with moving. He still only army crawls unless he doesn't like what he's on; then he will get up on all fours.
He's still just so expressive. He finds everything funny and laughs all the time. He thinks it's hilarious if I say 'boo' to him, so I do it on a regular basis. His favorite game is for me to crawl away from him around a corner and he'll chase me and then when he comes around the corner I yell 'boo' and he jumps and laughs and laughs. Then we do it all again.
He's chewing on everything. He has six teeth--four upper teeth and two lower. He seems to be teething again, as he's chewing on everything in sight. He loves food. He eats most anything I give him. He wants anything I'm eating now. I'm still trying to let go and just let him go at food and get crazy dirty, but it'll come.
For a while he thought it was hilarious to buzz his lips, though mostly he just ended up spitting all over everything. He's now moved on to opening his mouth as wide as he can and sticking his tongue out as far as it goes. What a goof! He especially loves doing both things when we will do it to him and then he mimics us back.
He babbles all the time. He loves to say mamamamama... though he will also come out with dadadada sometimes too. I don't think he is calling me specifically that, but when he's sad, that's what he says until I come pick him up. I imagine he really is calling me mama and smile every time. :) He talks all the time. He is not a quiet child, that is for sure.
He is super curious. His favorite thing is to go to a new place so he can go exploring. He of course tastes everything new he finds, even if it means getting flat on the floor so he can suck on a doorstop. Gross, but amusing. Hopefully that curiosity will become more constructive as he gets older, but I imagine I will find him in lots of places I don't want him along the way.
That's all I can think of for the moment. Yay for 9 months!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I *LOVE* how blue his eyes are!
He's a cutie! I feel like they get on speed dial around this age where they are learning and doing something new every day. It's so fun!
So cute! He'll be walking soon!!
Post a Comment