I was looking at my iPhoto and realized I haven't taken any pictures of Spencer since the beginning of March. Oops. Don't worry though. I took a few today. :) It made me wonder where the heck my baby went and where this toddler came from. He's being so cute these days. Okay, I always say that, but it's still true. I figured it was time to give an update on what he's up to. It's been a while.
He inherited a bunch of shoes from his cousin and today he was sporting a pair of Nike high tops. People, they are sweet and he loves them. He stomps all over the house when I put them on and just loves it. Shoes mean going outside in Spencer's head, so he absolutely loves it when I put them on. This kid LOVES being outside. I'm sure he's going to be so tanned by the end of the summer.
Look at this close up. He looks so old! He's getting his canines all in this week. Hopefully those will push through soon so he'll be happier. When they arrive he'll have his whole mouth of teeth minus his back molars, but those shouldn't come in for like six more months.
We went to DI for a youth activity tonight and he got a little tired by the end, so I laid him down in the cart. I couldn't believe he actually stayed there for a minute. This kid is a mover, so anytime he sits still is a surprise to me.
He's talking up a storm these days, though what he's saying only he knows. Mommy, daddy, and boo are understandable, but nothing else. He babbles to himself, me, and anybody who will listen all day long.
We have a Winnie the Pooh pack 'n' play with a totally useless mobile. Well, it was useless when he was little. Now those stuffed animals from it are his absolute favorite toys. Until he latched onto them, he's never had any kind of lovey item. But Pooh Bear, Piglet, and Eeyore are his absolute favorites these days. They mostly stay in his crib, though sometimes he pulls them through the bars. When we put him in there, he always laughs when I hand them to him and calms right down. It's so nice.
Spencer has always hated being restrained. He likes to cuddle, but not be cuddled, if that makes sense. I do a lot of exercise videos these days and whenever I lay down to do the ab parts, he takes that as his personal invitation to run and flop on me and cuddle for a minute. I'm not going to lie, sometimes that is enough to get me motivated to workout. I love cuddling with him. :)
He's eating better these days, but he's still pretty picky. It's all good though. We'll get him to realize how awesome food is one of these days.
He's recently discovered how much fun it is to shake his head no. He laughs and laughs when I imitate him. In fact, he laughs most of the time. He's got a really sunny personality. I love it.
Okay, it's getting late and that's plenty of details. We love this kid! Oh, and we find out what we're having in a week, so that's cause for great excitement too. Woohoo!
3 comments:
He really is so cute! I love how happy he is. This is such a fun stage right now! Something new every day...I can't wait to hear what your next little one will be! I miss seeing you guys so much...
I thought the same things about the close-up picture. He is really growing up. That's so cute that he motivates you to work out with cuddles! :D
Yay! We're trying to get Katherine to nod yes (her favorite right now is shaking her head no) before she latches on to the word 'no," lol. It's so funny what kids do. Spencer is so cute!
Post a Comment