Thursday, May 31, 2012

Our little Mozart

Spencer has always loved our piano.  I keep it open all the time even though it gets kind of dusty because he'll randomly wander by and start playing.  If we are sitting in the living room, he'll even give us a concert.  It's adorable.
So my sister has a keyboard all the way back from Christmas 1989 that has floated around the family for years.  One of my young women needed one and I let her borrow it for a month or so.  They brought it back the other day and we set it up on the coffee table, which is at the perfect level for Spencer.  He LOVES the thing.  I can't say I am surprised.  It has tons of cool sound effects and beats and he loves to jam out on it.  This morning he felt he needed to drink his smoothie while playing.  That was amusing to watch too.

Occasionally he will do something that scares the snot out of him and he'll come running to find me.  The other day that happened when he found the volume switch and turned it all the way up and then proceeded to start a drumbeat going.  It was so loud and he came running to find me scared out of his mind.  I laughed for a while about that. :)


3 comments:

Vanessa said...

I love the look on his face--completely adorable!

Tori said...

I love that keyboard!! And the demo track--man I loved that thing when I was a kid!

Jolena said...

Spencer has already discovered it and thinks it's fantastic. He's such a fan of all the drum beats too. I foresee musical genius in his future. :) He and Daniel can be in a band together. lol And Vanessa, if Donovan is anything like his parents, we'll pull him right into the band too. :)