I've been working on a table and chairs for Spencer over the last couple weeks. It all started when we stopped at IKEA one night and he absolutely loved the kids tables and chairs there. I figured that gave me an excuse to build something again, which is always something I look forward to. I built two chairs and a table during my mad nesting rush, but my desire to pain them pretty much died the other day when I started having contractions and thought this little girl would be making her arrival soon.
Well, she isn't here yet, so Bill was ever so nice to help me paint them this afternoon. The second chair is not quite finished. Spencer woke up from his nap before we could finish it, but we'll take care of it tonight after he goes to bed. Also, Bill is going to use the green paint to paint a chessboard on the top of the table, which is going to be awesome. And as hoped and expected, Spencer loves them, as is quite obvious from these pictures, minus the fact that I couldn't manage to get him smiling in an actual picture.
In other news, I have officially made it to all the important events this weekend, particularly my dad's birthday party, the funeral, and the baptism. It is now okay for this little girl to come. She has dropped since yesterday. That's always a good sign. Send good vibes my way that she'll come soon. We're ready to meet her!
3 comments:
I hope she comes soon! Can't wait to see her . . . and I know you can't either. Good luck.
I'm so impressed, as always, with the furniture you build. I'm glad they are painted, too, and found it amusing how you guys had to break up the painting around Spencer's sleep even though you were almost done. I understand that now, as a parent.
Ooooh, the chess board sounds fun! Looks great!
Post a Comment