Monday, June 24, 2013

I made a quilt

I made a quilt and it turned out awesome.
I'm not biased at all. Ha! It's the first I've ever done. I wanted a jean quilt that I could take with me to sit on outdoors and have it be easy to pick up and shake off and go. This baby is going to live in the trunk of the car. I found the pattern on Pinterest and ran with it. A bunch of thrift store jeans later and this is what I got. It has its errors, but for a first attempt I'm pretty pleased. You know what part took the longest? Trimming all the edges so they'd fray. I'm pretty sure that took longer than cutting out all the squares and sewing the entire thing together. It was ridiculous. My poor aching back. But besides that it was so fun to make. I could really enjoy quilting. It's a bit too expensive a hobby than I can take on at the moment, but someday. I happen to have a connection toa particularly amazing quilter whenever that day comes. :) Here's to marrying into a family with a very talented mother-in-law.

2 comments:

Lorie S. said...

Good work Jolena. It looks great. I love making quilts. I'm not great at it and it gets pricey, but I do love it. :) My goal is to make one for every child when they move up to a bog boy/girl bed.

Naazju said...

1. It looks FANTASTIC.
2. This is your first quilt? Really?!
3. I am in LOVE with that pocket on the lower left hand corner!