Thursday, April 17, 2014

Ice cream of their very own

We have an ice cream shop here that is a lot like Coldstone. We took the kids there last Friday as part of a family date of sorts. Spencer has been up and down about ice cream at different points in his life so I didn't know if he'd want any. We got there and started sampling some flavors and he wanted to try the bright blue cotton candy one. He loved the color and when I asked him if he wanted some of his own he gave a generally positive response. He's not always clear on what he wants to eat, so I thought, heck, let's go for it and see if he really wants it. We ordered a cup of blue ice cream for he and Genevieve to share with mini marshmallows and sprinkles in it. It was their very first ice cream of their own we've ever bought them. Big milestone here, folks. He loved it! That kid inhaled the ice cream and was so wired and happy afterward. It was fun. Genevieve has been going through a bit of a stage where she says whose everything is, so Spencer's this and Spencer's that and Mommy's this, etc. She kept saying Spencer's ice cream and we reassured her that it was hers too. She was only too happy to eat her share of the bright blue stuff. Bill and I both tried it and hated it, but blue ice cream is blue ice cream and I can't imagine any kid turning it down no matter what the flavor. :)


No comments: