Spencer has also been doing some awesome things lately, which I would much rather remember over the crazy 3-year old rough times, so here's his list of awesome things he does:
-He has an exceptionally good memory, as I've often mentioned. He watches a movie of some kind most days for some quiet time and he has all his favorites memorized. He throws out movie quotes all day long and even does the voices. He's also started modifying the quotes to work with different situations, which is so fun to see his imagination at work doing.
-He loves to count and can count to 100 or more. He is convinced that fifty is pronounced five-tee. Five-tee one, five-tee two... It's cute.
-The bottom half of our hall linen closet is full of blankets. He loves to cuddle up in them. Sometimes he sits on top of them and shuts himself into the closet, which he thinks is hilarious. More often he pulls all the blankets out into the hallway and then lays on the floor. I can't blame them. I took a nap amongst the pile of blankets yesterday after he had pulled them out and it was fantastic.
-We didn't teach him all the niceties of polite speech until much older than we have Genevieve. That's our own fault, but now we're working on teaching him to be more polite, and it's really endearing when he pulls out his full and complete sentences asking for things. He is very articulate, so adding the polite factor into things is just awesome.
-He is a lover of all things orange, but particularly his clothes. He has an orange pair of underwear he would wear 24/7 if given the chance. Same with a particular pair of socks and gym shorts. He has plenty of clothes, but he wears those particular ones all.the.time. I draw the line at wearing dirty underwear and socks, but it's quite the battle at times. We even bought a bunch more pairs of orange underwear and socks and he still prefers the old ones. Wah wah. lol
-He has been in a hard core mom loving phase for quite a while now. He would really love to have me be there wherever he is and whatever he's doing. It's endearing and frustrating all mixed into one. He seems to be moving out of it a bit at a time now though. He told me today he wanted to go outside and a minute later I heard the door open and close and he was gone. Whoa! Unexpected! He didn't go far and it was all good, but I was really surprised. Usually he won't go anywhere if I'm not a few steps behind. He highly prefers me over Bill at the moment and we're working on him being more polite about his requests.
-He is quite the cuddler. He gives the best hugs and kisses. Occasionally he comes and finds me and squeezes both my cheeks and plants a big kiss right on my mouth. I used to hate that kind of thing, but I've certainly gotten past that. :) Genevieve has been watching apparently, because she just did the same thing to Bill a moment ago. Cute kids!
-He is pretty proud that he knows his whole name as well as mine, Bill's, Genevieve's, and the new baby's, plus all our ages, the month we are born, and the color of our hair and eyes. He tells me at least once a day all of that information.
-He has been scared of dogs and small animals in general for quite a while, but we have the sweetest neighborhood cat that basically lives on the balcony upstairs. Daily now the three of us go outside and sit on the steps and the cat joins us. Both Spencer and Genevieve just love to pet her, and she's a really gentle cat that's good with kids. I'm super pleased that he has overcome that part of his fear now. She used to scare him a lot. Now he thinks she's great. He tells me he likes to pet her back and Genevieve likes to pet her head.
-He loves to pull all the pillows off our couch and jump onto them. Maybe one day if we have a really nice couch I won't like that as much, but who knows, maybe I won't care, because for now it's just fun. Both kids have a great time and that's good enough for me.
-He loves, loves, loves hats. He has some pretty snazzy hats that he wears all over the place--a taxi driver style hat, an Indiana Jones kind of one from my brother, a trucker baseball cap. He wears them all with such good style and taste. He's always getting compliments on his hat wearing. :)
-He has really started to get into playing with his Duplo legos. We're thinking when he is four will be the best time to start getting him actual Legos and I think he's going to be in heaven.
-He also prefers running around mostly naked to any clothes. I can't blame him. It looks really comfy.
-He sings all the time now--primary songs, songs from his favorite movies, and little made up songs too. He has pretty good pitch, which is fun to hear.
-He is really excited about the new baby. He told me today that our baby is going to be born in about ten weeks. I had mentioned that at playgroup this morning and I was pretty impressed that he picked up that bit of information as he was playing near us. We talk a lot about the new baby and what is his and stuff like that. Spencer thinks that's pretty great. I think he's going to be such a good helper when he actually does arrive.
No comments:
Post a Comment