The loft bed is essentially done! I'm just waiting on it to dry before we assemble it and I have to cut the slats to hold the mattress tomorrow. It looks great, but since I haven't taken any pictures of it and am not going to until it's all assembled, everyone will just have to take my word for it. :)
Next on the list: build Genevieve's platform bed to go under it. Well, for now it'll just be a mattress on the floor until I save a few funds to get the wood, but it'll be super cheap to build, so no worries. It's going to be this bed sans headboard. I was about to say I wasn't going to modify it at all this time around, but actually I'm going to change the legs for something nicer, so nevermind. Good times.
Oh, and building a bed during my third trimester? Surprisingly not that bad. The first few days I worked on it were hard because I was moving a lot of wood around and that made me tired, but I actually ended up finding some more efficient methods of doing some things since my back or legs or some other body part would get tired and sore more easily. Bonus for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment