I really thought yesterday was the day. The contractions were not super crazy, but they had an edge to them that made me think they might start going places soon. But then they didn't. I couldn't believe they lasted for that long. This end of pregnancy is vastly different than the previous two. With them I had nothing happen until the day I went into labor and then it started and never stopped until the baby was born. This go around I've been contracting for at least two weeks enough on several occasions to make me think we'd be welcoming the wee one that day. And yet here he is, still not born. It's been weird. I even called my midwife to ask her advice because this is so different. Apparently it's not uncommon to have a third pregnancy do something like this. It's like my uterus is revving up to go time but isn't quite there yet. I dearly hope that when it does happen, it will go much, much faster than yesterday.
So here we still are, one day closer to his due date, still having contractions, wondering if this is the day. In interesting news, he's sitting so low that when I do have contractions it sends zingy pains down my legs. That's a first time experience for me. They don't really hurt per se, but it's kind of a weird sensation.
Oh, and my mom arrives late tomorrow night. Maybe he just wants to wait for her.

No comments:
Post a Comment