Wow these last couple weeks have been rough! Both our A/C and dishwasher broke this last month and both have taken an inordinately long time to resolve, with the dishwasher still being in process. We spent from last Wednesday to yesterday stiflingly hot in an 83 or 84 degree house. It was awful. I never realized how frustrating life can be when you spend all day sweaty and sticky. With no A/C even if the house wasn't so hot it was super humid, so my fingers stuck together perpetually and other things like that. It wasn't fun. I made numerous frustrated phone calls, left tons of messages, and totally laid into our management yesterday before anything was done. We're actively in the hunt for a new place to live anytime between now and the end of our contract in December. It's an extremely frustrating place to be because renting in this area is super expensive and this has been a sweet deal for us. The cons are vastly outweighing the pros at this point though after living here for close to two years. The complex got acquired by an out of state management company six months or so ago and we have seen a whole bunch of incremental changes for the worse. However, there are very few places around here that are even big enough and most are way out of our price range. It's an awful feeling to feel like the status quo has to change but have no options for change. We found a fantastic place a couple days ago but someone else was able to grab it before we could sign a contract. So frustrating!
So that is the status at the moment around here. We're saying lots of prayers that something will come available soon that will work for us. Three months and counting.
Thank goodness the kids manage to stay ridiculously cute despite it all. They spent most of the last week in diapers or underwear so they'd sweat less. They certainly didn't mind.
 |
| Two months old already! |
 |
| I was trying to take some 2-month photos, but they just wanted to be there with Aaron. I don't mind. :) |
 |
| He has the biggest smile. It's amazing. |
 |
| Spencer and Genevieve can't get enough of Aaron. It's heartwarming. |
1 comment:
Seeing that 3rd picture made my night. I literally said oh my gosh, Aaron is so cute at least 3 times. I'm sorry to hear about your ac problems. But I can sympathize. When we had such hot weather, I took lots of cold showers and baths. Though, you can't exactly do that all day every day, esp, with little kids. I hope you will find something. Who knows, maybe a house house is in your future? :)
Post a Comment