Saturday, October 4, 2014

My two favorite weekends of the year

We're lazing around the house in our pajamas, eating tasty food, building forts, and watching General Conference. I dearly love this weekend each Spring and Fall. I've loved so many of the messages today and can't wait to hear what is said tomorrow as well. Here's a few pictures of what the day has been like.

This was earlier this week, but it was about the same today. Hanging out on the bed, watching Conference on our computer, which happens to be in our room at the moment. The kids watched more movies today then they ever get to watch and played lots of tablet games. So I guess we're helping them to love this weekend too. :) Spencer loved the singing. In fact, he had a total meltdown when he saw the Priesthood Session choir didn't include any women. There was no reasoning with him. He just was so sad that the girls weren't there. My poor child.

Wherever Aaron is, the other two congregate. I spend more time keeping them from bonking his head or totally overwhelming him with kisses and hugs than I can count. They just adore him, though they're not super good at playing softly with him. The litany in our house that both of them repeat is, "Aaron is a person not a toy." Good times. 

Oh this girl and her red hair and porcelain skin! We're trying to let her hair grow out long enough to get behind her ears, but for now that means looking through a curtain of hair most of the time. She doesn't seem to mind yet.

I'm so happy she will smile for the camera now because she has the cutest smile and nobody far away has gotten to see it much until recently.

Then there was this time I forgot I had put a crayon in my pants pocket to take it out to the car. This is a sample of what all the clothes in this load look like. Fingers crossed we can get it out. The first effort didn't work because the water wasn't hot enough. We're currently working on round two of stain removal efforts. 

No comments: