Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Jumping for joy

One more sleep and then we're off to spend Thanksgiving at a house on a lake in southern Virginia with my sister and her family. This has been at least six months in the making. We are a family of five living on a PhD student budget plus my job, so the vacation fund doesn't really exist yet and I'm beyond excited to get going tomorrow and have a little four-day retreat.

Getting ready for this seriously took me all of the last two days. It was insane. And totally worth it. And I'm sure I'll have tons of pictures and stories to tell when I get back. I.cannot.wait!

This is how my children felt about the packing today:

That's right, snug as a bug in a rug. Geez they're so cute. I've been noticing the little things that make them awesome lately and it's done me a world of good. Here's to seeing a lot more of those this vacation. Yay!

No comments: