The kids have a chalkboard in their room that they occasionally play with. You know how that goes with most toys. The other night we were reading bedtime stories and Spencer started doing something I had heard him do from the other room a few times, but hadn't come and witnessed. We have a LeapFrog Letters Factory movie that goes through all the letters and their sounds with a little song that goes with it. He's known his letters by sight for several years now but I watched him sing the little ditty, "The A says aa, the A says aa, every letter makes a sound, the A says aa," and then write an A on the board. He proceeded to sing it for every letter of the alphabet and write their letter on the board. I was completely floored. This kid. He is really talented. I'm so very impressed every time he shows the things he has learned. Some of the letters were a bit new age in shape, but I could make them all out and watched while he drew off and on with both hands. He's left handed, but definitely still a bit ambidextrous like most kids.
The other fun thing is that since we have gotten this movie, a kind friend gave it to us from their stash, Genevieve has learned all the letters and their sounds too. She roams around the house singing the little song about whatever letter she happens to like just then.
Speaking of Genevieve, she has been potty training this week. The first two days were amazing and I was so impressed with how easy it was. It's been a little more bumpy since then as the novelty wore off, but the habit is slowly building and we have more times where she makes it to the toilet than that she misses as of today. I'm just tickled that I'm not changing diapers for two kids anymore. Right when Aaron was first born Spencer even still wore one at night, so I had at least part time three kids wearing diapers. Let's just say one feels pretty great.
And not to leave Aaron out, he is just a ray of sunshine all the time. His newest trick is spinning in circles and occasionally rolling over. He's very content with life and he isn't that driven to move yet but slowly and surely he's developing and is a delight to watch.
No comments:
Post a Comment