I created my annual photo book a few weeks ago for 2014. As I perused it when it arrived I realized we went on exactly three hikes the entirety of 2014. That's got to be an all decade low. Granted, I spent half the year so, so, so heavily pregnant and the other half with a tiny baby, so this isn't a surprise or a problem, but this year seems like it will be much better for hiking.
A couple days ago we tested out that hypothesis by taking the kids on a little hike just over by Bill's work. It was only about a mile-long hike, and for the first time we had both Spencer and Genevieve walk the whole way. I feel like this last year they have grown so much and gotten so independent and capable, particularly Spencer. Genevieve is doing her level best to keep up with him. She loves to be able to do everything he does. The hike was beautiful. We hiked down to the lake and threw rocks in the water for a while before heading back to get some ice cream. They loved it and were great little troopers. It really frees up our ability to do things with both of them being capable of walking more distance.
Here's a few pictures from the trip. It was a lovely day.
 |
| This kid was SO happy to be out hiking. He ran pretty much the entire way, grinning from ear to ear. |
 |
| I have like 25 pictures from the hike and exactly two of myself. At least this is a good one. :) |
 |
| He has the biggest smile. It brightens my day every single time. |
No comments:
Post a Comment