I think I'm a fraud. I've always wanted to be a long-haired girl, and in theory I have been one for a goodly number of years now, but when it comes down to it, I'm really just faking. I have so much hair and it gets so hot and heavy, that no matter how much I love the long ringlets and bouncy curls for the first few minutes after I do my hair, really most days it just ends up in a ponytail, especially here in the south in the summer.
After pulling my hair up into a ponytail and braid for weeks on end, I finally decided I was done. It was time to go back to short, and it has to be short enough that it's not just weighing down on my neck making me hot. So behold, the new haircut. I don't' really love selfies of just me, and haircut pictures always seem to be the worst, but hey, who cares. The cut is cuter in person, but whatevs. Here it is. I kind of wondered if the curls would go away with it as short as it is in the back, but no worries. They're all still there. I have to remember that despite having straight hair until I hit puberty, my hair is definitely curly and not changing anytime soon.
And for the sake of matching and all, actually not for that reason at all, but it just happens to coincide this week, Genevieve got a cute new bob as well. It was my first effort at cutting girl's hair and I'm quite pleased with the result. It is the first time her hair has been cut since she was born, no joke. She had these adorable wispy curls down to the middle of her back, but she really needed them trimmed up so the thickness higher up was more uniform. She could rock any hairstyle, but hey, I didn't ruin it and that's just lovely. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment