Friday, December 18, 2015

things are coming together

This week has been a lovely culmination of lots of prep work from many other weeks. I finally was able to meet with the midwife that I'm going to use for this pregnancy. She's fantastic. I spent almost two hours there, which was crazy, but we just chatted and got to know each other, and it was lovely. Her office is in her house, so it's very low key and I like that.
Spencer's Nativity
Grandma sent outfits. They're adorable as always
We finally closed out the saga of the fender bender we had back in October with a reimbursement check for the full amount of our rental car, which was nearly $1500, so that was a pretty huge deal. It's always nice to have the next semester's tuition money reappear in the account. As a side note, despite the fact that Fall semester at Clemson is already over and Spring semester starts in a few weeks, we actually can't pay for Spring tuition. It doesn't matter how many times we experience this phenomenon, the slowness with which the university gets their transactions put through for every aspect of student life still blows my mind. They are so slow pokey.
Spencer's Three King
Spencer had his Christmas program at preschool yesterday and it was just darling. My friend is the music teacher there and she did a phenomenal job, as did the teachers and the kids themselves. This pregnancy has made me super prone to getting teary-eyed, or maybe it's just motherhood in general, but it was super touching to watch him sing and know all the hand motions and just obviously be there enjoying himself. You spend so much time these first five years with your babies and see every aspect of their growth, and then suddenly you send them off to let others teach them and help them develop, and seeing the success and growth happen there is incredible. He loves his preschool, we love it, and I really feel blessed to have him there. I have tons of videos, but they're full of the other kids as well, so I think it's better not to post them here. Suffice it to say they were all adorable.
Three kids in the cupboard
Naptime in the cupboard
And now we are just in the countdown to Christmas. The kids are so excited. This year is just the best yet for the magical part of Christmas coming together, and I'm relishing it. So here's to an excellent week and a fantastic holiday.
Aaron may have died and gone to heaven when I let him stand in the big part of the cart.

No comments: